So, I’ve never really written a cover letter for any resume I’ve handed out, but I did for this personal assistant job. Ok, so I know it wasn’t as professional as it should have been…
To Whom It May Concern,
Hello! And welcome to my cover letter! I’m so glad you made it this far! You’ve asked your applicants to list five things that would make them stand out from the rest. Since I adore talking about myself, this shall be an exciting exercise.
1. I am the hardest worker you will ever meet. This may seem presumptuous, but I am that also, so we’ll just get that out of the way right now.
2. I am brutally honest, and do not shy away from saying what is the truth when it needs to be said.
3. Whatever skills I possess, are excellent ones. Whatever skills I don’t yet possess will also be excellent when I finally get them.
4. I have a sense of humor that makes working with me great, but it in no way interrupts or prohibits me from doing my job amazingly well.
5. To prove that number 2 is as true as it should be, and despite the fact that it is completely unprofessional and really has no bearing on whether I am able to perform the needed duties, the final thing that would make me stand out from your other applicants is my 38 DDD chest. Because it most certainly stands out, and whether or not anyone will admit it, it would probably come to mind when processing your interviews.
I look forward to working with you!
Thanks so much,
Sparklebumps the Book Whore